Sunday, June 22, 2014

 

SOMETHING NEW FOR THE RESUME -- by Steve Nadis


I was "skating" home this evening, after rollerblading along Memorial Drive, trying to catch the U.S.-Portugal World Cup game. I saw a friend and a friend of his struggling with two kayaks, and I offered to take one of the boats home for him. I had never taken a kayak while I was on rollerblades before and thought it would be an interesting challenge. I should mention that he had a wheel-type carrier for the kayak that made things easier--that is until the cart tipped over. But I quickly righted the ship, so to speak, and got his kayak safely to his driveway. You never know what the day will bring, and it's always nice to try something unexpected. And something new.  

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?